About Vanda – VJB Memberlink
I have worked with in excess of 160 membership organisations and their Partners during the last 12 years. My clients include the likes of the Institute of Directors, the Trade Association Forum, the RFU, the Cleaning Support Services Association, the Road Haulage Association and others both large and small. During this time I have recognised a shift of emphasis within the sector towards needing a more commercial approach to the running of membership organisations. On this basis I have been able to provide my clients with my skill set and provide a tailored package of support and guidance to help them achieve their member recruitment and retention targets and by giving their members value for money through their member benefits offering. I have also worked with my clients to help address issues around governance and business development by reviewing their existing business strategies and securing additional revenue streams.
The way in which I support my clients is by understanding their business priorities and providing them with my expertise.
My main areas of experience and support are;
- Surveys – Find out what the members think of the organisations and what they value about their membership
- Marketing – Strategic review of calendar activity, events, budgets and ROI
- Helplines – To support your members immediately with issues such as employment, health & safety, VAT, Tax and Payroll and Commercial legal requirements
- Pensions – Advice and guidance for members on how and when Automatic Enrolment will affect them
- Apprenticeship Schemes – And the advantages for members to get involved with the National Apprenticeship Service
- Governance – What is the plan, who is involved, what are the risks and what is the culture
- ISO Certification – Helping your members to win business and improve their functionality
- Litigation – Employment Tribunals. Providing ‘arm around the shoulder’ support for businesses and members when they need it most
- Banks – What start up packages are on offer for (S)ME sized businesses
- Web Design / Development – The importance of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and how people are viewing your ‘shop window’
- Data Cleansing & management – The importance of getting it right, both in terms of marketing communication and renewals
- Training – NEBOSH, IOSH, CIPD, Management, Association Management
The way I like to work with my clients is to understand the issues they face. Initially we would carry out a strategic review of what needs to be achieved within the next 12 months, up to 5 years. Typically this will involve a survey of the members to develop a plan that will deliver the membership organisations key business objectives. Throughout the process I work collaboratively with my clients to ensure the members are engaged in the process and are given value for money for their investment.
My skill set includes;
- Business Development
- Partnership Management
- Market Research & Surveys
- Relationship Management
- Sales management
- Customer Services
- Change Managements
- Business Administration
- Strategic Sales and Marketing
- Business Leadership
- Worked alongside Lawrence Waterman OBE as Health and Safety Director on the Olympic Park (2010 – 2012)
- Provided Helpline support to in excess of 140 membership organisations in terms of HR, H&S advice and guidance
- Worked with Franchises, Chambers of Commerce, Institutes, Federations and Trading Bodies Gained experience of working at board level within each of these organisations
- Sector experience includes Haulage, Hairdressing, Dental, Medical, Education, Accounting and Finance, Funeral Directors, Construction, Sport and Recreation & Insurance
- Worked for Tesco Fast Track Management in the Customer Services division in the late ‘90’s to develop their Sunday trading & 24hour trading patterns and introduce their loyalty reward card programme at store level which, together, has given them their commercial advantage today.